Updated on May 17 2015
Faceware - is a markerless facial capture system from Faceware
Technologies Inc. Currently we are using the free educational
edition. There are two parts to Faceware:
- Analyzer - processes the video recording by tracking
virtual markers on your face (training the software base on
keyframes) based on the nose, brows, eyes and mouth
- Retargeter - a plugin for Maya or Motion Builder,
allowing you to retarget your data onto your
In the process of testing and stepping thru the process in 2.6/4.6 to create my own "how to" listed below:
- Analyzer/Retargeter Document
- Analyzer Video (password required)
- Retargeter Video (password required - not yet available)
Technology is based off of FACS Facial Action Coding System.
Previous student work:
Sorya Serei's results exploring Facial Capture using Faceware. Thanks to Rachel Gelfeld, Performing Arts Department (acting) and Kate Kirby O'Connell, Animation (rigging).
Student documentation exists here. With additional notes here. I have written my own version above as these are now for older versions.