Misc Resources OverviewUpdated on Jan 18 2017
- Renderfarm Tips
- Renderfarm - Quick guide to Using the Renderfarm with Houdini. NOTE: If you have issues with the Renderfarm interface on chrome try using firefox. As seen at the end of the document you can use myfile or filezilla for remote access to your files.
- Linkedin Tip - find your alumi - search for
the school, click on the school link, go to students &
alumni and use "Search this set" with any company name to find
- SeaMonkey is a free html editor that is a great tool to deal with webpages or anything you want to make using html. Incredibly easy - just select File->Edit Page and you can use the normal edit mode or html source (under the view menu)
- Job Hunting? Mograph
Wiki - click on Featured Pages/Industry Directory:
Geographical and type in your favorite city
There are instructions here to set
up an sftp on filezilla. It's still easy, just one more step.
- Screen Capture - Camtasia is a great screen recorder. You can also use Quicktime on the macs. Camstudio is available but please compress your files. Also vlc is reported to have screen capture capabilities. Here is Alex Corll's documentation for windows.
- Compressing pdf's. If you take a pdf file into Adobe Acrobat
Pro you can save it as an optimized pdf and this will reduce the
- Quicktime - Can't use Quicktime on your Windows 7 computer at home? Here's a great solution from Matt Hornback - thank you Matt!
- launch Quicktime and in the task manager window find quicktime under processes tab and click on properties
- in the properties
dialog box click on the Compatibility tab and
select Run this program as an adminstrator (you
may need to first select Change settings for all users
- both are located near the bottom)
- HDRI - Looking for an HDRI? Here are two
- Zimbra - Out of room on Zimbra email?
- Burning DVD - Quick guide on how to burn a DVD in Premiere Pro. Thanks to Craig Zacok for the tips.
Also check out these Siggraph Resources:
Publications/websites you should peruse regularly (some of my