Updated: Nov 25 2013
New to 13.0.237This is not meant to be an exhaustive list, but important new features as of the very recent (end of November) release.
For a more complete description see the documentation here. The sneak peak anticipated the original 13 release here.
- New particle workflow (see documentation here) - fully integrated into the dops (dynamics context) - and you can scrub!
- new methods include vex-based expressions (multi-threaded) - also axis force uses 3D volumes to control particles.
- Finite element solver - bending/breaking objects. Can be used for soft body effects.
- New lighting workflow - based on use of alembic files and using linear workflow, new data tree view.
- Better bullet solver - including use with packed primitives.
- Ocean material - new shader included and improved FLIP integration
- OpenEXR2 bupport for deep compositing of Mantra renders in Nuke
- OpenSubdiv from Pixar to provide viewport subdivision display, geometry-level subdivides
- OpenVDB - continued to improve
- Packed Primitives -
takes the concept of delayed load archive and puts it right
into Houdini! Your model can be packed up into a single
primitive for efficiency. Lowers memory footprint as well!
- Copy node - more options in stamping (uses
the packed primitives)
You can now pack geometry before copying to increase efficiency. See the documentation below.